Last Updated: 29/08/18
Gelert Behaviour Training’s Promise to You
We are a very small company and rely entirely on the trust of our clients to survive. As such, we want to assure you that we take your privacy very seriously and know that we are privileged that due to the nature of our work, you share a lot of personal information with us. We want to explain how we use that information and what we won’t ever do with it. If you have any concerns or questions, please do get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Where and How We Collect Your Information
All the information we hold about you will have been supplied by yourself or the family member seeking help for your pet.
- Information provided by means of a telephone or e mail enquiry or by submitting a form via our website
- Engaging with us via a social media site such as our Facebook page
- When you complete our questionnaire providing detailed information about your pet and individual circumstances
- When you make an appointment for us to visit you or meet you at an agreed training venue
- When we are working with you in person verbally
- When you visit our website, your visit is analysed and information supplied to us by search engines
The information we hold is that which you supply via our detailed questionnaire.
What is this information used for, and why?
1) When you engage our services to help with your pet, whether that be basic training or a complex problem, we need this information to best serve you and your pet.
- To do this, we need to know about and often to visit your home
- We need to communicate with you to arrange convenient appointments
- To send you invoices and receive your payments
- We need to send you follow up information
2) For our legitimate business interests
- We send information about events which we are organising, hosting or running which we believe to be of interest to you. You can of course unsubscribe from these at any time you choose.
- To fulfil our legal accounting and record keeping obligations
- Occasionally we may use case studies in our continuing professional development, or to consult a professional colleague for additional advice in complex cases, however your personal details will never be included in a way which could identify you without your explicit permission being given in writing.
Who do we share your information with?
- Employees of and partners in Gelert Behaviour Training
- Our accountants and HMRC for taxation purposes
- In the event of our business being sold, to the purchaser
Your Choices and Rights
- You can ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing
- You can ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, if there are no compelling reasons for that processing
- You can request a copy from us of the personal information held about you
- You can ask us to correct, amend or update information you have given us
- You can ask that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent
- You can ask, in certain circumstances, to delete the personal data we hold about you (subject to our Statutory obligations).
- You can ask for the processing of information to be restricted
- You can ask for data to be made available to others for your own reasons
- If you wish to carry out any of these actions, please e mail email@example.com
It is the nature of our work that children are often involved in training a family pet and we actively encourage their involvement, however we would not expect that anyone under 18 would engage our services. If you believe that your child has been communicating with us and we are unaware of their age, then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete any such communication at the earliest opportunity.
Other Website Links
Our website has links to trusted colleagues who we are happy to recommend. However we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for their privacy practices. Visiting these sites is at your own risk, and we would advise you to review their own privacy policies.
Our website uses https and as such, all interactions with it are encrypted for your safety. We have suitable managerial systems in place to secure your electronic data and any paper copies of this used to record our work in person with you, Information is kept in relation to you and your pet for 18 months after your last contact with us, and then destroyed or deleted. Invoicing information is kept for 6 years in accordance with current legal requirements.
Any changes will be notified by amending this post, and the current policy will be displayed on our website.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns about this policy.
Post: Dolbeudiau, Pontrhydfendigaid, Ystrad Meurig, Ceredigion, SY25 6EJ
Telephone: 01974 878 148
Text: 07415 974 264